Re: [A/S] So MANY Questions! Where to start?!

Membership number in Wally Byam Caravan Club International of a previous
owner.  If you join and that number is currently not assigned you can
request it become your number thus eliminating the need for removal.  If
you do need to remove the number I've heard that WD-40 is the way to go.

>This No-Gray-Tank was...a surprise.  I'll bet SOMEONE has come up w/
>a nifty-jiffy way to add one [he says hopefully...]

Been done, not cheap.

>I'm in need of those hand-turned bolt-downs which were used both on
>the rear compartment that holds the septic valve'n'stuff, and on the
>Solar Guards [of my vintage; I see others w/ a diff. type latch-
>down].  ANYONE?

Not familiar with what you are referring to...

>W/ the single battery tray in the "One Stop Center" of older models,
>has anyone figured a really good location for an add'l. battery?  {I
>like under the front couch - hey, all modern batteries are SEALED,
>right?] [rolls eyes] :>

In a word, no.  Adding another battery requires large cables be added as
well.  I forget what year you have but if there are no gray tanks it is
pre-1975.

>I was...stunned...at the replacement cost of the plastic lens covers
>for the 4-bulb overheads.  25 bucks? -yer kiddin', right?!  Holy
>smokes.  Or is there a cheaper source?

Try:
 http://www.airstreamdreams.com
they are always coming out with something new, and may have what you
need.  Won't be cheap either, but...

>In addition to the water-purifying filter, I have an addl. smaller
>one -just a metal screen inside- between fresh tank & pump.  Is that
>for sand & sediment?  What's the clean-out process & interval?  [I
>know some jokester just HAS TO reply: "When It Don't Pump Water No
>More!!!"]

Yes, to sand and sediment, and actually I clean mine once a year when I
winterise since removing it to drain is necessary

>Do these acrylic rockguards really, REALLY guard against rocks?
>{W/o breaking, I mean.]  How about in [sigh] freezing weather?

Yes, no, and more so than in summer.  They are really rather
sacrificial.  The flip side is that they are high enough to be out of
most harm's way.

>Also re: freezing weather [I admit it, I've become a wimp about
>solder-repairing copper pipes :> ] - if one uses catalytic or
>electric heaters, instead of my holy-smokes-dang-antique-still-works-
>furnace, does that endanger the pipes that run from pump down to
>bathroom at end of trailer?

The factory heater had ducting into the belly to protect the piping and
holding tanks from freezing.  Only you can judge if the ambient
temperature is low enough for long enough to do any damage.  If you
don't want to run the forced warm air factory unit, at least you should
cobble up a freeze warning set for about 35-40 degF.

>What's the "big" SignalStat built into alum. skin on the starboard
>side for?!  {i KNOW it's a durn light!  I mean: what function was so
>important, to build it INTO the skin?]

Most refer to it as a "Captain Nemo" or "Nautilus" light.  Gives better
illumination around the rig than the over the door lamp.  Great to keep
from tripping over stuff returning from the campfire at rallies.

> <>
> My A/S says "Land Yacht" one place, "Sovereign" another,
> and "International" in still another.

C'mon! What is it, REALLY?!
Al of the above.  Land Yacht is "Aristream Fancy" for trailer,
"Sovereign of the Road" is model designation for (at that time) the
largest model made (either 31 or 32 feet, depending on the year of
mfg.)  and "International" was an upgraded trim package.
(See also: Pontiac LeMans GTO)

> <>:>
>
> More Dumb Questions Surely To Follow, :-)

They may seem dumb when you think of them, but they ain't dumb unless
you don't ask them.  Airstreamers are always happy to help.