Re: [A/S] satellite on A/S

The cables are a problem with this dish (perhaps all the automatic ones)
because as the dish rotates automatically, the cables MUST NOT hinder
it.  Winegard recommends that you leave a lot of slack in the cable bunch -
their instructions are pretty specific about this, even recommending
exactly where you anchor the first bracket.

I tried their method first, saw how the cable bundle reacted as the dish
turned, then noticed the arrangement would be better if I placed the cable
bracket on the other side of the dish. I moved it and all worked well.

To bring the cables into the camper, I went through the refrigerator vent.
I used a ten foot piece of 1" PVC pipe to enclose the cables to "neatify"
the bundle as it runs from the bracket straight back to the vent. It is
secured down to the roof - hides the cables and doesn't look bad. If I had
painted it silver, it would have almost disappeared. As it is, it matches
the AC cover color and doesn't look out of place.

My control box is mounted inside a cabinet adjacent to the refrigerator. I
already had 12V in this cabinet.

Current Winegard production includes a small DC power supply (converts from
110 AC) in the box, and they warn you against using a power source that
could cause problems with the unit. Looks like they intend you to use the
included PS to avoid problems.

I agree Starke is probably the best place to buy. I have ordered stuff from
them before because they always had the best price. They had the manuals
for this antenna on their web site - you can download and read them.

Good luck with the install.

Jerry 4404