[A/S] window replacement

Howdy!  Thanks all for your replies!

Having serious PC problems, so I can't answer individually….may not
get back to this site until I replace the mouse [I HOPE that's why
it's jumping around on its own, opening windows that'd ordinarily
take a rt-clik or left, and not a virus or my Operating System L ]
[Am writing this to a WordProcessing Doc, and hope to transfer it
when I get to the post.  I've lost two tries already.]
     Also…I'm on the small pension the US gov't. gives it's vets who
can't prove their disability is service-related.
     Ergo, my driving almost 3000 miles to get a bargain-basement AS
in good condition -well, it WAS.
     I truly appreciate the time you've donated to offer advice; a
lack of funds negates some of them
I don't have `tow insurance'
-nor am I budgeted  for expensive power tools-
-nor will I be driving 2 states over to nearest AS dealer [Okla.]
-nor will I be choosing pricey `factory replacement's
-nor will I be doing the polishing-gig.
[I read about the ordeal on 2 sites, and also got the $210 PER FOOT
quote from the pros in Ohio.]

Matt, thank you for your offer.  At 25cents/mile towing it's not
cheap to visit you, and who knows how expensive the durn gas would
be in the Spring.  But maybe I could stop by if I'm enroute to the
northeast to visit my family…
    Sure wish I'd known of you a few weeks ago: I pulled thru
Dalhart & Nara Vista -with my cardboarded-up window- just last
weekend.

I don't have confidence in  precisely drilling out 37 rivets w/o
making a mess of at least a few holes.  Given that they MUST come
out, might I not still be better-off to remove that interior plastic
frame, and come at the rivets from the backside?

OK: my next dumb question.  Any good hard rain is going to penetrate
that cardboard.  AND I had immediate/urgent travel plans after I got
here, registered, and loaded-up.  I can go to nearest hardware store
and get 3/16ths aluminum rivets, the "self-sealing" type [can't
recall exactly what they're called, but they do claim to waterproof
the rivet-hole]
   What makes the Olmpic rivets worth the wait?

I appreciate all your time & advice.  I just remembered that even if
my `puter IS down. I can get online when I do my volunteer-shift at
the library Tuesday.

Tom -1970 31' Sovereign in NM

PS: Maybe it's like you shouldn't buy an old Caddy if you can't
afford old-Caddy parts.
I am losing some of my enthusiasm.
For cryin' out loud, IT'S JUST A 13x22" WINDOW!  Sheesh.