Re: [A/S] Re: Strange smell

That plasticy smell I've been told is the glue that A/S used to put the
"wall paper" on the inside of the trailer. It apparently breaks down over
time. In my trailer there is always what we now call the Airstream Smell. I
find it goes away after we've been in and out of the trailer when we camp,
but when it's closed up, the odour builds up. The only thing that seems to
lessen the degree of smell is to wash the ceiling and walls with a water
soluble degreasing soap such as Spray Nine and then rinse it. Then get some
Armour-all and do the ceilings. Not only does it reduce the chemical smell,
it takes away the stickies that some trailers (mine) have on the ceiling
covering. I just do this at the beginning of the season and it seems to last
all summer long. I also do all my nice 1970's brown vinyl cabinets and
panels with Armour-all and they look FABULOUS
Sarge