[A/S] Strange smell

Well, we've owned our 1995, 28 ft Excella for almost a month now and
I can not, for the
life of me figure out the odor inside. It's not horribly offensive,
not musty, ammonia,
mousy, etc. Almost a plastic-y smell. I had the carpet, sofa and a
couple of walls that had
water stains professionally cleaned today. After the smell of shampoo
dissipated, the
original smell came back. We're going to continue to investigate
underneath for signs of
mice, already cleaned out several wasp nests.

So..........I'm wondering if anyone has any educated guesses on what
this could be.  We
haven't actually fired up the furnace or the fridge yet but I'll be
cooking a butt-kicking
turkey chili in there tomorrow, maybe that will mask the smell.

Thanks for any help!
Renee Engebretson