Re: [A/S] Re: Auxillary holding tank

Jack
Did you shower?
If you do shower, you can fill the greywater tank very quickly. We mostly
use the campground facilities to shower, but if you can't, Wally Byam
suggested a mariner's shower. Get in and wet yourself down, shut off the
shower. Soap up your wet body and then turn the shower back on and get rid
of the soap. Works great and saves a lot of grey water tank space. We have
even "sponge bathed" when hope of getting our grey water tank pumped was not
good.
Another tip is to put the plug in the sink in the bathroom and put 2-3
inches of water in the sink. You can put Dettol or some other disinfectant
soap in the sink and use the same disinfectant hand bath  for everyone to
cleanse their hands after using the toilet. Dip Dip, Shake Shake! One of the
most frequent causes of Camping Lurgy is contamination from faecal bacteria
and the best way to avoid it, is to wash the hands. We empty the sink at the
end of the day, and it saves a lot of water and grey water tank space. Dip
Dip Shake Shake was something I learned at boys camp when a teen ager.
Failure to do so caused a flu outbreak that was not a pretty picture in a
camp of over 300 teenage boys.We had a Lodge at the camp named Bark Lodge,
that soon got renamed B--f Lodge. You didn't want to know that did you?
Some camp grounds don't get upset if you run a short hose from your sewer
cap hose fitting, under the trailer to drain only your grey water.  I've
done this in provincial camp sites here in Ontario without any problem. I
got the short hose that one puts on a tap that is back in behind the bushes
at your house or that connects a hose reel to a tap, and it works fine. It's
about 4-5 feet long and you can tuck the end under the trailer so the dog
doesn't lie in the mud. When you store it, you can also screw the female end
to the male end of the hose so it seals up and doesn't leak into your hose
storage compartment.
Finally you have to remember to leave enough grey water in the grey  water
tank so that when you go to empty your black water tank at the sewage drop,
you can sluice out the sewer hose with the grey water and not leave the
totally objectionable inside your sewer hose. Empty the black water tank
first and t hen wash out the hose by emptying the grey water tank last.
Finally you have to remember that even "campers" with million dollar diesel
pushers, have to empty their holding tanks. Kinda democratises the whole
thing.
Sarge