[A/S] univolt

Help please.  We have a 1988 345 classsic motorhome and are having some
electrical problems.  We have always had a hum from the univolt but today it is
not humming and the batterys which it charges seem to be loosing power even
though we are hooked to an alternating power source.  Does anyone know how to
test the univolt?  Is it just one of those things that work or don't work?  How
much to replace the univolt?  Where does one find someone to replace it? IS it
something that anyone can do?  Any advice? Any help would be appreciated.