[A/S] Door Problem

If anyone's interested, Walt helped us solve our door problem.  We had
written earlier about the door - the bolts in the upper hinge shear off and the
hinge completely disengages from the trailer.  It has happened to us twice and we
couldn't figure out why.

First of all, he agreed with the list that we shouldn't replace the bolts
with stainless steel - too brittle.  Next, he pointed out that the upper hinge is
mounted a fraction of an inch to the right of the bottom hinge.  Therefore
the door fits flush at the bottom, but at the top is slightly off.  The weight
of the door combined with the fact that it is mounted crooked is causing the
bolts to break.  His suggestion was to elongate the holes in the top hinge and
force it to the left, this brings the gap on each side of the door to
approximately the same width and lets the door center.   Walt said that a number of the
34' units were done like ours and had the same problem.

We didn't have time for Walt to do the repair as we all had to get out of
Ocala - but Leroy will work on it himself.

Verna
1999 34' FK Excella