Re: [A/S] converter

Have a look at the converter panel. I chased around all summer with the same
symptoms you're experiencing, on my 74 International, trying to figure out
what was wrong. Finally, I scrapped the old panel and installed a new one.
It seemed like squeezing Jell-O into a tube. You'd get it in one end and it
would ooze out the other. Fix one problem and another would surface. In my
case, the panel was the original and 30 years old and even it had been
tampered with by the previous owner, so that one couldn't tell what was
going on. So we hit delete on that panel and had a new one installed. We
also had all connections soldered, so that they would not work loose in the
future. While I was at it, the installer ran cables for a second battery,
which I haven't installed yet, as the solar panel-boondocking addition has
not begun.
Sarge