RE: [A/S] Re(2): LED tail lights?

Daisy,
As the actual taillight assembly that it goes into is 5.25" tall, the
circuit board is about 5" X 3".  BTW, the low profile LEDs used in it are
available from www.superbrightleds.com .  They have all sorts of really
super, super bright LEDs at very reasonable prices.  But when you consider
that the LED board unit that I found also has onboard dual voltage
regulators (tail & stop intensities) as well as a switchable rapid flash (to
attract attention that you are doing something), the cost of the
$36/taillight assembly is not bad either.  I am thinking about switching the
four tail/stop lights out to this assembly and then making a custom one for
the center units on our rig which are currently only backuplights (but the
lamp lens is the same except for the very center being clear.  I think it
would look cool to have the center unit have a ring of red LEDs that work as
taillights and then have a cluster of ultrabright white LEDS for the backup
light center section.  Note that the superbright website has a 10000 mcd
white LED which would almost be blinding headon, let alone in a cluster.

david