RE: [A/S] Re(2): LED tail lights?

Chris,
The problem with bulb type replacements is that while incandescent bulbs
illuminate in all directions, LED bulbs are HIGHLY directional.  In
virtually all the fixtures used on A/S, the bulbs are mounted more or less
parallel to the lens, which is not a problem with incandescent bulbs, but
putting in a LED cluster replacement (yes they are available), will have the
LEDs pointing at a right angle to the lens and virtually NONE of the light
will exit thru the lens.

On my 2002 19' Bambi, I am fortunate to have Bargman 84 taillights (ie the
Classic diecast housing) and just recently found a source of an LED board
that uses low profile, high output LEDs arranged in a starburst pattern that
face outward to the lens
(http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/stt/model84-insert-gallery.htm ).  The
board has a pigtail with a bayonet socket that plugs into the existing lamp
socket.  The circuit board was mechanically designed specifically for the
Bargman 84/86 series light to fit over the existing screw boss of the lens
and be locked between the lens and the housing.  The concept could be
extended to any type of taillight, but the mechanical design would need to
be modified to fit the other types of housings.  Might be worth contacting
them.

david