Re: [A/S] Door Problem

In another post it was mentioned that Stainless bolts were used...in
my experience if a part is being banged around a lot stainless though
very strong is also brittle..you might get better wear from a grade 3
- 5 bolt that is made from a milder steel.... I learned it the hard
way from replacing broken bolts on machinery....kept going harder and
harder and they kept breaking sooner! When I switched back to a
standard bolt it lasted longer...the use of a locking nut and second
locknut is a bit of overkill but sure heading in the right direction.
Besides being more brittle Stainless is also more slippery... so the
nuts will back off quicker...
...fwiw...
WG9