[A/S] Re: water tank patch

I once patched a cracked black water tank in a '74 27' rear bath with
the patch kit that most RV dealers sell.  Can't remember the brand
name.  It is a two part epoxy with some fiberglass cloth.  This epoxy
stays sticky and flexible for ever.

Drill a small hole at each end of the crack to stop it from continuing.
Lightly sand the area and clean with alcohol or lacquer thinner.
Follow directions on patch package.

It worked for me.  Tank was not leaking three years later when I
traded trailers.  JB Weld is great stuff but I don't think this is an
appropriate application.  If you can get a new tank that's the best
way to go.

Are you sure it's not a cracked plumbing fitting?  I'd start by
eliminating the easy stuff first.

Best of luck!
Tony   KC9BTA