Re: [A/S] Range hood vent leak on a '79

precisely the same problem on my '77

just put my trailer into storage in Wolforth after having Billy Simms do about
$3K of work on it.  (Shop foreman Brady calls it a moneypit<G> )
Anyway, I described it to him and he agreed that it is very likely backing up
from the awning under the flap-cap and then down into the window, etc.

He re caulked it all and then replaced the foam pad/gasket under the flap.
This could be fixed if someone would come up with a simple r+r that would
install a raised lip around the inside of the hole and then replace the cap with
a deepwall-edged version.  best of all is to completely remove it, seal it shut
and then go in behind it somehow and install the newer (1993?) sidewall vent.

Wonder if we could maybe go to the fridge vent cover instead?

there were a POT FULL of these trailers sold and are very much evident today on
the roads and sideyards...

fwiw
chas