[A/S] transmission oil cooler

Hi Bud,

I've mentioned Precision Garage on the Airstream list many times. The
owner's name is Don Montegari (800.832.8844). He has done the exact job
you describe hundreds of times and describes it in detail -- in his
monthly newsletters ($30).  He also identifies the exact cooler that
will do the job and will sell/send one to you.

The biggest plus I've experienced with him is his availability to talk
me through problems on my cell phone whether I've been stranded in a
remote campground or I've been in a rural garage and had a mechanic
standing beside me who wasn't sure how to repair my Suburban. Don
talked to the mechanic on my cell phone, described how the repair
should to be done and shipped the needed part the same day. It arrived
the next morning. Maybe you'll need to subscribe to the newsletter to
get a similar service more than just this one time.

I'm suggesting his name in case you want to call him. My suspicion is
he'd talk to you about the cooler without you being a subscriber.
Perhaps as a result, you'll decide to subscribe. I have no connection
to him nor do I benefit from this referral. My only relationship is
that of a satisfied customer.

Although my Suburban has a diesel engine, the Suburban's cooler won't
care whether the engine is diesel or gasoline powered. My Suburban is
17 years old and Don has been helpful to me four times during the last
10 years. As an aside, rereading my old newsletters (1987-2004) has
been one of my smarter casual reading experiences.  <grin>

Terry