[A/S] Range hood vent leak on a '79

My '79 International recently developed a leak on the range hood vent.

We've been camping in the rain with the awning extended (covers the
vent) and no leaks then.  However, with the trailer not in use and
the awning rolled up, I get a small puddle on the range cover after
it rains.

I've removed the grease filter on the inside and can't see any light
coming in thru the vent flap.  Also, if I open the flap (turn on the
fan) the round weatherstrip disk seems to be in good shape.  Just
looks old.

I'm sure this is a common leak to develop so I was wondering what the
source usually is, rather than start caulking at random.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Christopher