Re: [A/S] sway controversy

> Sorry, I will continue to offer that hitch as a suggestion to
newbies who ask.

It is one thing to offer a reasoned opinion. Another entirely to offer
a mandate and an order. The comment to which you responded was, from
my perspective, a polite means of expressing a distaste for blind
opinions tossed in without rationale or basis and that parroted
advertising campaigns.

> If it's that offensive to you I suggest you simply delete or leave
the list.

I think that what was intended was missed completely. An ultimatim
like this is very dangerous and should not be given lightly. It is
replying to a BB gun with a broadside from a battleship.

> The list is about information. There's no way I'm going to not tell
people
> all the alternatives.

If it is about information then how about tolerating diverse points of
view and supporting requests for rationale and experience? The whole
reason that there is a bad taste to the discussion is that information
is lacking, attempts to obtain information are being denigrated,
diverging points of view are demeaned, and opinions are being
expressed as absolutes and mandates with intolerance for others.

Offering ultimatims to people with whom you disagree, especially as
forum owner, is something for everyone to be very concerned about.
When that ultimatim is based on a faulty perception, then I think it
is time for everyone to step back and think about their feelings and
start being more careful with what they read into messages.

There are several recent messages and more in the past about the
intolerance for views and opinions in this forum that do not reflect
blind allegiance to those of the core group. These have been polite
but they have been ignored. If this is indeed an open forum the the
message should be heard and heeded else all will suffer.

Take a pause, think about your words, consider carefully what is meant
before letting loose your reply.