Re: [A/S] Airstream or less-expensive others?

You can, I did, but I changed to a truck.
We have a 29 ft 1970 AS,  for a number of years we pulled the AS with
it.  I have pulled trailer for many years and kind of know what not to
do.  The Jeep is a narrow SUV and you will have mirror troubles.   Even
on flat road I had to keep thinking all the time.  If you were not
watching your RPM's and you held the gas peddle down too far it would
wash raw gas into the cylinders and get into your oil pan.  Not Good.
If you came to a down hill you better slow down to 40 MPH or so as it
may start to fishtail,  short wheel base.  You had to keep your eye on
the temp gage all the time and make sure to check the oil every stop in
case gas had got into it.   I found the frame and hitch worked well.
We had to use heaver tires.   The main thing was to keep the hitch
heavy and drive with an egg on your foot peddle also ALWAYS keep your
safe stopping distance.

See you on the road
Dean & Kay
WBCCI 2486