[A/S] Re: new tires

When I replaced my last bias ply tires three years ago, I put back
on bias ply. Two reasons were, the radials were about 1 inch less
diameter which would have the TT setting lower which I don't need.
The other is I know several Airstreamers that have had Goodyear
merathons blow out. The couple we travel with alot has had three
blow outs over about three years, one was from running over a curb.
I bought 4 "nan kang highway n101" bias ply trailer tires from Les
Schwab in Bend Or. They are one of the largest tire co in the west.
Cost out the door was $298.00. Balanced & steel valve stems. I have
about 10K miles with no problems.
I remember radial tires throwing their tread for a lot of years.
Thats always been a problem with them. Michelin has always made
their manufacturing process a secret, because they don,t have the
problem as bad as the other tire makers. I always use Michelin on
all my cars & Suburban.

Jim W
#18248
SF Ca area.