RE: [A/S] Re: Tow vehicles for 28ft.

Hi John,
Get a 3/4 ton truck if you can. They are just more beefy all around from
frame to the brakes. The first truck I purchased as a tow vehicle was not a
4X4, but the second one is. I had to get pulled out of a camp site three
times in 4 years of towing, and that was enough to convinces me it was good
insurance to have 4 wheel drive. After towing our trailer for 4 years with a
2 wheel drive extended cab GMC 3/4 ton truck I found good reasons for all
the changes in my 2004 truck. I mentioned the reasons for the 4X4, The Crew
Cab is much easier to get in and our of for any passengers you will haul.
The short box gives you all the advantages of the truck, but can be turned
around in only 3/4 of an acre instead of the full 1 1/2 acres needed for the
long box. The Diesel was just something I wanted to try sense everyone that
owned one said they would never go back to gas for a tow vehicle. I have
only towed about 1000 miles all on flat ground so far, but it seems to work
very well to date. I put a 45 gallon fuel tank in place of the OEM 26
gallon, and a roll top cover on the bed to round out the truck for a tow
vehicle. I have installed a Dual Remote Bypass Oil Filter System, and
switched to Synthetic oil that should give me 15,000 to 20,000 miles between
oil changes - lots of big rig diesels get over 1,000,000 miles between oil
changes with this setup. This helps sense an oil change with synthetic oil
just destroys a $100 bill.

Joe Scudder
34' Limited and a GMC 2500 HD 4X4 Crew Cab Short Box Duramax / Allison