RE: [A/S] Jackson Center Fire

I just had 6 new tires put on my 34'er two weeks ago. I told the Good Year
dealer I did not want tires that were over 6 months old. He got me 6 that
were all produced in April of 2004. I couldn't ask for better than that. I
also installed all new Smartire Sensors that they had sent to me for free,
because some of my 3 year old ones were getting slow to "check in" in the
morning when I hit the road. I should be good for 3 more years. I got almost
50,000 miles out of my last set of load range D Marathons,  which is good
enough for me. They were all worn down to where the "ware Bars" were
starting to hit the ground, but nice and evenly worn down. Having them
balanced, and keeping the air pressure between 60 and 65 PSI pays off in my
book. I have never gotten that much mileage out of a set of tires before.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624