RE: [A/S] waterfilters.

Dan,
In our 83 we had that filter at the kitchen sink; in this 88 we have a
filter under the bath sink.  It is installed forward of the water heater
and we don't know what it filters.  The only filter replacements we
could find to fit it don't remove bacteria so we bypass it and have an
inline filter outside connected to our water inlet.
It is a blue, slim line tube-shaped filter from Wal-Mart for less than
$20.  But we really had a hard time finding a replacement recently.
There were none to be found in Biloxi or Charleston.
If we were concerned about diminished water flow we could probably put a
"y" on it and turn it off for showers.

Tricia & Conrad