[A/S] Re: Cellphone/Internet & WiFi

Sam, You asked about using WIFI on trips.  We spent 6 weeks traveling
from Savanaha, GA to New Orleans in February and March.  We have an Mac ibook lap
top computer with WIFI built in to the computer.

We did get to use WIFI probably 6 or 7 times.  There are a group of
coffee shops in New Orleans area that had WIFI, a couple of camp grounds that we
stayed in offer it at 2 to 3 dollars and hour.  WE found that using WIFI in some libaries
worked well.  We'd search out those libraries.  Many libaries are putting WIFI in, and
example is the library in Americus GA.

Here is a web site with a listing of WIFI spots that I sometimes used.

http://www.jiwire.com/index.htm;jsessionid=azeii09UAP_g

I think we'll see more and more camp grounds put in WIFI that you pay
for by the hour or week or what ever.  Having WIFI is WONDERFUL as it is hooked
up to a high speed connection.

I had to contract with  a dial up ISP because I here at home Iuse a cable modem.  Road
Runner has just come out with a dial in service that should be free
for at least a while, so maybe I'll be able to drop my dial up service that we used when
onthe road.  We used that dial up most of the time in camp grounds that offered a
phone plug to their customers.

Love the lap top and WIFI (or Airport to Mac users).  Wouldn't wantto be without it.

Chuck West,   WBCCI 6513
25 foot 1999 Safari
Norther NY on Lake Ontario.