Re: [A/S] Digest Number 2033

In a message dated 4/28/2004 8:05:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
AirstreamList@yahoogroups.com writes:
I have a 1978 but I think the lights are the same.  The knob that turns on
the lights should just pull right off.  It is a knurled knob and fits on by
friction...just pull it down.  You will then need to get a pair of pliers or
something similar to reach up into that space and undo a nut that holds the switch
into the lense/shade

My lens knobs (1976) are threaded onto the switch stub. Turn the knob counter
clockwise and they will thread off. Then remove the securing nut, and the
lense should come right down. But don't just tug on the knob until you know that
it is not threaded!
Chas