[A/S] Re: Canadian Towing

If GM, Chrysler or Ford came out with that type of footage what
would happen? I believe he has a good product but his marketing is
shifty at best. This means I use the Pull-Rite, which does just fine.

> Think of it as an advertising stunt.... like the Energizer bunny.
> We know that pink cartoon bunnies don't wander around banging
> drums..... we know that Intrepids have a tow rating of 3000# max.
We also know that you aren't supposed to stick your hand under a
running lawnmower, right? He should AT LEAST have a disclaimer. He
doesn't. Watch a car commercial extolling the benefits of a car that
is swerving a dodging stuff and what does it say on the bottom of
the commercial? "Professional driver on a closed course. Do not
attempt." The problem I have is that he actually said that it is
fine. That is bad business. If I am going to pay 3 grand for a hitch
it won't be from someone who lies to sell his product.

> The video does demonstrate how really great the hitch is..... but
> I agree it's not smart to tell people they can tow anything with
> practically anything if they have a Hensley.
I agree that the hitch is great, but what about ethics and morals?
Enron and Tyco come to mind because they are huge corporations but
this is small potatoes.

>  The hitch makes good tow vehicles great, it doesn't make lousy
> tow vehicles safe.
Then he should not advertise them as such. There are a tons of
unwitting "newbies" out there. They are now plying our highways with
9,000 lb. rockets and brakes to stop 4,000 lbs. With the Hensley
they will plow into the back end of the car in front of them nice
and straight with no sway.

Just my two cents on the ethics thing.
It's OK if we disagree. I like the diversity.  :-)