[A/S] Re: I pulled the Arogsy home today!

NO, you only need the battery for a "break away situation"
The brake drums have a coil which has two wires, one is a ground wire
and it does not matter which one is grounded.
a)You may have a poor or missing ground.
b) There is a pivot point inside the drums on the actuator arm which
is fairly snug, rust at this point can seize up the brakes.

> 4. I have a "grounding" problem with the wiring for the turn
> signals, running lights, etc... The lights inside work fine but the
> hook-up to the tow vehicle only worked once I scraped off a bare
> metal spot on the frame of the trailer.

Poor grounding is one of the most common problems with trailer wiring
as they rely on the shell for a ground.

> 10. The tail light bar across the back has some of the screws that
> are stripped out of the taillights. I had to completely remove one
> of the tail light covers before we left this morning our else I
> would have lost it on the road. I have no idea how I am going to
get
> this reassembled.

You can get a blind nut rivet similar to a pop rivet except the final
product is a nut riveted in the skin.  Then you fasten your lights on
with "machine screws", say a 10-32.  I have done this using stainless
steel screws so they don't rust.
Anyone that owns an older Airstream should own one of these tools.

Lauren WBCCI #7532   VAC