Re: [A/S] choosing tires for single axle trailor

I lost two tires within 3 weeks on my 56' Bubble last summer.  Tires were
expensive, 6 ply radial, name brand and they had been on for about 4
years and probably had about 2500 miles on them. They didn't blow but
split and I was made aware of the problem before they blew.  Fortunately
I carried a spare.   I replaced them with bias ply,  8 ply, Carlisle
brand,  as I feel these have greater strength.  Best advice I can give
you for a single axle trailer is to have a spare.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC
rlashway@zianet.com