[A/S] Re: Argosy repairs

Jeff:

Thanx very much for the feedback.  I have to correct myself first, we
have a 1974, 26' Argosy, instead of a 1976.

I also need to correct my info on the battery box.  it's the bottom
support plate that has ripped itself from the skin and started to
come out.  Right now I've got a bolt through the bottom plate, into a
frame member underneath of it.  It is actually quite sturdy, however,
it's still just one support mechanism and I'd be more comfy w/ two.
the wood flooring around the batt box has rotted away.  I guess if I
ever get super ambitious I could replace the floor, however this
would entail gutting out the entire back portion of the trailer.  I'd
have to be really ambitious to take on that task.

Can I assume that aluminum rivets from Home Depot should do fine, or
do I need to pay premium prices for the Airstream branded rivets?  I
did find their webpage for parts and was shocked at the prices.  BTW:
how would I be able to tell the size of my rivets w/o drilling one
out?

I'll check out the archives for the group and see what valuable info
it contains.

If you've still got that 28 page doc could you send it to my email:
asdf_12@yahoo.com?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Mucho Gracias