[A/S] Re: Trademark

> Let me assure you, Airstream is serious about protecting its
> reputation.  They vetted my entire team, right down to their

take a gander by http://www.uspto.gov/ and do a trademark search on
the word 'airstream' - I got 34 hits last time I looked. And that is
only in the national registry. Thor is not the only company that owns
an airstream trademark. Consider why there are multiple trademarks of
the same common dictionary word.

Check http://www.nolo.com/ and search on trademark to learn a bit
about what a trademark really is and how it can be (and should be)
protected.

There are also other issues involved. For instance, what product does
the trademark identify? (What do you think of when you hear Airstream?
Does your response really cover the products that Thor produces under
that brand?)

Also consider what a company does to its image when it is
indiscriminate in making threats or intimidating others or does not
proceed in a manner appropriate to particular circumstances.

It is one thing to work with people to achieve a desired result. It is
another to try to force others to go your way. Which do you think is a
better way to do business?

Personally, I think Airstream Life took the right approach but I don't
think much of Airstream Inc's response as it is described.