RE: [A/S] Re:Hitch clunk

Hi List,
My new 2004 GMC 2500 HD Duramax / Allison also came from the factory with a
Class 5 Receiver that is totally different from the one that came on the
2000 GMC 2500 I just traded in. The receiver box on the 2000 truck worked
great for about 50,000 miles of towing my 34' Front Kitchen Limited Trailer.
The only problem I had was the holes on each side where the pin that held
the bar in the receiver kept "mushrooming" out at the back side of the hole
where the pin pulled again the edge of the hole. This would make the
receiver outside width expand enough that my locking hitch pin would not
slide together enough to lock. I had to use my hand grinder to remove the
small "bur" from the edge of the hole after each 3 or 4 month trip we would
take. I did not use the locking pin while traveling, just when I was using
my "GMC" receiver plug around town. These have a way of "taking flight"
while you are parked in the mall parking lot in our fair city of Wilmington,
NC.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624