Re: [A/S] Batteries & "Easy Glides"

Also check your local industrial plastics supplier. I purchased a piece
of low friction material big enough to make 8 - 4" squares, which I
attached to the bottom of my batteries with polyurethane sealant. They
raise the batteries up enough that I can get a small wedge under the
battery to lift it up to clear the lip. I use a  hook I made out of
1/4"  square bar to pull the battery forward. The cost in my case was a
$5.00 donation to the donut fund.

Next project is to replace the cables so I don't have to disconnect the
positive to get the battery out far enough.  The previous owner cut them
too short when he replaced the terminals. $12.00 worth #1 welding cables
and some new fusible terminals and I'll be able to set the batteries on
the tail get. Don't know why I would want to though.

regards...
Jim