Re: [A/S] Campgrounds and Batteries

Jack,

After having a 13.5 in my 31', and having it replaced
3 times, I learned my lesson.  We got the 15k unit in
fron and a 13.5k unit in the rear.

The smaller unit just could not handle the Texas heat,
or any other kind of heat for that matter.  In one of
many conversations I had with Dometic, they told me
that the 13.5k unit could be expected to cool no more
that 15 deg. below the outside temperature and that a
31' trailer was the largest size that the unit would
cool.

>From experience at the National rally in Rapid City, I
can tell you that when it's 105 outside that 93 in the
trailer is not cool.  Having to leave the rally early
to run to Denver for a new unit wasn't all that much
fun either.

So now I'm waiting for summer for the acid test on the
two units.  I'm not expecting them to cool the trailer
down to 78 when it's 100+ outside, but under 90 will
be a treat.  Also, the additional insulation you
mentioned should help as well.

Tom May
'34 LSO
'02 F250 PSD