Re: [A/S] Hot Water On-Demand

Hey Peg!!!!

Have you been hibernating???

Anyway, I wanted to put the same unit in my 54 Flying Cloud and the
Airstream plant will not do it. Rick, the service manager at A/S, said that
A/S used to install them in higher end units but stopped because of
problems with it. I called, and spoke to the guys at Precision Temp. and
they acknowledged that A/S stopped installing their products but said that
they would back up any of their heaters installed.

Having used it many times in another trailer I really liked it and don't
recall any problems with it. It worked well when boondocked and when
plugged into 110. Certainly saves the weight incurred with a large hot
water holding tank. I think the price you were quoted is rather high! I
think the unit costs around $500 and I can't imagine that the install
should bring the cost of that high! Call Precision Temp. directly and ask
them about installers in the area!

Think Summer!

Patti