Re: [A/S] Campgrounds and Batteries

Jack,

Thanks for the input.  We've had the trailer out 5
times, and only once were we able to lock the
deadbolt.  The trailer was never more than half a
bubble from being level.  Half a bubble on my 31' was
never a problem - it didn't have a slide-out.  Both
locks would always engage.  The one time both locks
engaged, the trailer was dead level.  So it seems I'll
have to factor this in as well.

The owner's manual says that we have to lower the
stabilizers before extending the slide.  I think they
should have installed one just for the slide, but they
didn't.  The factory guy said that I should put the
left front stabilizer down and give it quite a bit of
weight, but not enough to raise the tires off the
ground.  Now to me that says to put a hell of a lot
more weight on it than I had ever done.  I like your
idea about putting a leveling block under each
stabilizer.  I'll try it next month when we take her
out again.

Jack, I really appreciate the input.  I'll let you
know how this next trip levels out. :)

Tom May