[A/S] Campgrounds and Batteries

         It can be a hassle if your battery does not have a top strap (like
my old DieHards, that had a small handle, but not a strap) that reaches
from end to end of the battery - hard to get a purchase.  What I did was to
use a small piece of aluminum or (later) a tack remover (which is a handle
with a bent claw for removing tacks; available at any hardware store, or
Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) to lift the battery up, then I slipped a putty
knife under it while pulling it to get it just over the lip of the
box.  After that, it was a matter of tugging on whatever I could get hold of.
         Batteries with the top straps make it a breeze to remove them,
since then you have something you can use to both lift an pull the battery
out.  Hope this helps.

- Dick
(5368)