[A/S] Re: equalizer vs reese dual cam

We recently purchased a new (to us) 1990 31' Excella.
The trailer came setup with a Reese dual cam hitch
identical to the one on our previous trailer (a 1974
27' Overlander).  We towed the Overlander for several
years and I was always satisfied with the hitch except
for one thing.  The dual cam made a lot of noise.  It
was always back there clunking and making grinding
noises as the bars slid and the cams came in and out of
place.  What I am wondering is if the Equa-lizer is any
quieter.

I am considering replacing the Reese setup on our new
trailer because it is not level for our tow vehicle.
What is the quietest hitch?  I'm tired of driving
through campgrounds and having everyone look at me when
I go around the corner and my hitch pops.  Friends of
mine have the same complaint about their dual cam
setups.

Dave Robertson
Flint, MI