[A/S] Tampa RV Show & Vinyl Floors

Hi Gang,

I went to the Tampa RV show on Wednesday.  It's the largest RV show in the
USA.... just acres and acres of RVs from pop ups to Prevosts.

Personally, you couldn't give me either.

I did find Bates RV, the Tampa Airstream dealer, who had lots of Airstreams
on display.

I guess people's complaints about carpeting has been heard and the trailers
had mostly vinyl flooring with a touch of carpet in front of the couch and
maybe the bedroom.

Speaking of vinyl, I happened on some sheet vinyl the other day that I love.
It would look stunning in this little trailer.  All fired up I printed out a
copy of my floorplan and brought it, with measurements to the carpet dealer.

After lots of figuring he floored me with the floor estimate.  Over $700.00!

<THUD>

Now granted, it's nice flooring cost is $5.55 a sq. ft installed plus a
little more because of the tightness of the trailer design.  I'll have to cogitate
on that for a while until I can justify the expense.

Anyway, back to the show.  Lots of CCDs there, I think they must be a real
goldmine for Airstream. These aren't your father's trailer anymore.

I met a lovely couple who are thinking of buying Airstreams for their kids as
a graduation gift when they graduate from college..... nice huh?  They want
them to take a year off and travel the country before getting down to the
busines of being a grown up. <g> (My words, not theirs).

I didn't go into the motorhomes as they hold no interest for me.

I am never tempted by the new trailers because I haven't seen one that I
like, layout wise, more than mine.  Last night I was looking at the layout of the
28' and it occurred to me with a few minor changes I could make it the same as
mine with a larger living room.

If I ever do need a new one I think I'll approach Airstream and making a
custom one.  It would be a blend of the 25 and the 28.... so nothing they aren't
capable of building.

The fifth wheels held the most interest for me....at the show.  I must say
the ones with 4 (FOUR!!!!) slides are as big inside as some apartments I've
lived in. <g> I could play Frisbee in there on rainy days, much to the dogs'
delight.  The two that knocked my socks off were over $100,000.00... well one was,
the other was 90,0000.  The cabinetry was beautiful, like you would see in the
finest homes.  One had cherry cabinets.... yee haw.... gorgeous.

Hunter