Re: [A/S] Towing

Hi Tim,

Not worrying about where I can go is one of my favorite things about having
my truck.  I met some people at an Airstream rally in SC, they had a 34'
tri-axle trailer and their tow vehcile was a 1/2 ton Suburban.  I was stunned and
asked them about mountains out west.

They admitted a few times, when they were part way up, they had to TURN
AROUND!!!  I don't even know how they managed that feat, must have been a really
wide road.  Personally I can't imagine being satisfied with a tow vehicle that's
marginal for the job.

> <In fact when we went to Lake Tahoe with the Expedition we went up hwy 80
> toward Truckee which was a lot easier drive with less drastic hills than we
> had on the way home which was hwy 50.>

I remember that road well, but not because of the climb.... because diesel
fuel was $2.49 a gallon in Truckee. That was in 2000.

Hunter