Re: [A/S] Towing

David,

That's a little closer than I prefer to go, but safe enough with the
proper hitch assembly.  I'm a Hensley fan myself, but then I had a
trailer (SOB) try to drag me and my family off a cliff once upon a time
and admit to being too chicken to try THAT trick again.

Just because the trailer can weigh 8300# doesn't mean you have to pack
it that full.  You can always drill holes in your toothbrush handles,
for instance.  If you only pack a half ton of stuff that would keep your
actual gross below 7300 which I for one would make an effort to do.

My trailer GVWR is 7100# and tow rating is 10,000#.  I can feel the
difference when I have to accelerate, and my tugger is a diesel (better
low end torque).  When folks say' "You don't even know it's there!" they
are talking about cruising (you don't) not getting up to highway speed
(that's when you DO know it's there).  Large lead bumper.

YMMV
Matt