Re: [A/S] Satellite TV/TiVo

Dan, Dish has their own PVR unit.  It's not a TIVO or
Replay unit but it does have a hard drive for storage
of programming.  It receives it program guide through
the satellite.  Its not up to the level of
sophistication of the TIVO but it does have a search
feature which will allow you to find programming that
either has a certain title or has some key word in the
description.

The good side of the Dish system is that the unit
actually records the compressed signal that is being
transmitted by the satellite.  There is no need for
the unit to do any further compression so the recorded
program is the exact equivalent of what is being
deliverd to you TV from the receiver.  I have an 80
hour unit and I think they are building larger sized
units at this point.  I bought by unit for $150 last
year when I renewed my annual subscription.  There are
no monthly fees for the use of the unit.

Regards,

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'