[A/S] Re: New to group, need advise!

Greetings Bill and Lisa!

Welcome to the List and the world of Vintage Airstream ownership!

The Excella 500 31' that you have acquired has an empty weight in
excess of 5,000 pounds and an unladen hitch weight in excess of 500
pounds (according to:
http://www.airstream.com/airstream/product_line/customer_service/docs/weights-1.pdf).
Without doubt, at 31 feet and with the weight
involved your 6 cylinder Jeep would be beyond its capabilities (IMHO)-
 - I wouldn't have considered a coach of more than 26' feet for
my '84 Jeep Grand Wagoneer (full-size 1/2-ton wagon with AMC 360
V8).  In fact, there are very few Airstream products that would be a
truly appropriate match for the down-sized Jeep vehicles of today.

Rather than trading the Airstream, have you considered upgrading to a
different tow vehicle?

Good luck with your decision!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible