Re: [A/S] New GMC Duramax diesel truck

Hi Chris,
I usually just lurk as well and actually fell way behind in reading posts
for almost a year.
What's funny is that my wife and I have the same game plan as you except
that we are going to put our "stuff" in storage for awhile and then travel
around until we find a nice area for a home base.
We traveled extensively in our 99 Bambi for 6 years. During that time we
went through 2 tow vehicles. Our 3rd. (and hopefully last) is a white, 2002
GMC 2500HD, Crew Cab, Short Bed ,Duramax/Allison.
In November of this year we traded our Bambi in on a 2002, 25' Classic. We
had an addition into our household last Christmas, a 3 month old Springer
Spaniel puppy and the Bambi got a little small.
When I first pulled the 25 I noticed that even though the 25 is much heavier
then the Bambi the truck responded (accelerated, decelerated etc.) the same
as when towing the Bambi. Couldn't tell any difference. I am very impressed
with this combo.
Maybe we'll see you on the road someday.
-Silsby