[A/S] Hitch Height - a question

Hello - I am following the discussion on hitch height with interest.
I don't own an Airstream yet - so I can't approach this with
actual experience - but from what I'm reading - I have a question.

When you speak of hitch height specifications - it appears you are
using a specification from when the Airstream is/was new.

I understand the need for the tow vehicle to be kept on the level and
I assume that this also includes the trailer.  The specification from the
factory would be for a new Airstream as I mentioned above -  right?

There is a variable here that I would think requires consideration.

That would be the "age" of the Airstream - and the status of the Duratorque
axles.  It is well known that they can wear over time and the result is
that the trailer rides lower than when it left the factory.

Wouldn't this possibility add in a "variable" which would require adjusting
the
hitch height so that an Airstream - if - it now sits lower
(unhitched)...still rides
level when fully hitched up to it's tow vehicle?

I realize that not all Airstreams suffer from this - it all has to do with
indivdual
use and service etc - but since we read so much about the wear and resulting
lower ride height of older Airstreams with Duratorques - it seems logical to
allow for this.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.  RL