[A/S] Sucking it up

I don't think I have seen this discussed here before, but I would
like to know if ya'll have a dedicated vacuum cleaner in your A/S. We
just have a little hand held kind of DirtDevil that is good for small
areas, and then we use the house vacuum to clean up after a trip.
This might not work on a long trip though. I am asking about this
because I'm trying to make up my mind about a house vac choosing
between the heavy but cheap Eureka Boss Smart Vac (Consumer Reports
best buy, but ease of use not best) or the light but expensive Oreck
(ease of use rated high) that comes with a separate hand carried
unit that could go along on a trip. I would welcome comments on this
quandary. If any of you have experience with those vacs you can email
me off list or comment here depending on what Hunter has to say about
this being an on topic topic.

Thanks
John Hilty