[A/S] Under Bed Storage (Liftup)

Hi :
My wife was given a tour of a friends RV and the bed lifted up to
provide access to quite a bit of storage that we have not been able to
use effectively in the Airstream...

Due to the cramped quarters around the "Island Queen" configuration,
we are not able to effectively get into 3 of the 4 access doors to the
underbed storage... Now she wants to be able to lift the mattress like
she saw the friend with the Bounder do, and be able to get her torso
and arms into the storage area without having to hold the bed up...

I remember spending a night in a railroad car with a Murphy style bed
that came down over the head,(potty) and to do anything with that you
had to go out in the hall and lift up the bed and come back in and
close the door... I hardly slept at all during the night as I had
dreams of flipping the latch up with my toes and spending the next few
days in the bed upside down on my head, stranded on some railroad
siding...

I wonder if I could sleep in an Airstream where the bed popped up like
a Murphy at the least encouragement... To keep the peace, I am willing
to try...

Any help out there for this kind of conversion???

I am about 48 hours from heading South, so If I don't get the chance
before Christmas, Happy Holidays and thanks to each of you for the
tolerance and the help...

Jim and Mary Ann