RE: [A/S] Hensley Controller

Hi John H.
I know I have one setting on my work bench ready to be installed on my 2004
GMC 2500 HD Duramax when it gets here on 1-9-04.
I have been using the Jordan Ultima 2020 for the passed 3 years, and love
it. I decided to move away from the Ultima because it is made by a very
small company, and could go off the market if the owner decided to move on.
I have been very pleased with the engineering that was put into my Hensley
Hitch, so decided to spend the ridiculous amount of money and purchase their
brake controller in hopes it's manufacture had to do their engineering work
for Hensley to endorse their product. The concept of using a proportional
controller with no lag time in the system is the only way to go for me. I
have used 5 or 6 different controllers over my years of towing, and will
never own another non - proportional controller if I have a choice. The
Hensley unit taps into the hydraulic line at the master cylinder and
installs a pressure transducer to feed the controller data on the status of
brake application in the tow vehicle. The pressure build in the hydraulic
system starts applying voltage to the trailer brakes before the tow vehicle
even starts to slow down. This process makes for super smooth stops with no
jerking and lurching, and there is no need to change settings for road
conditions or speed. The unit requires setting up one time as part of the
instillation procedure, and should be good until new brakes are installed of
magnets fail on the trailer. The unit has a gain control and a manual
control button if needed.
The only negative I have found, before installing the unit, is it's YUCKEY
orange color. I guess it is an attempt to match the orange color on the
Hensley Hitch, but ended up being a washed out looking orange that looks
like an orange piece of plastic that has been out in the sun for 10 years.
This should go well with my Pewter gray truck interior. I guess one can't
have everything, but for $397.00 for a brake controller you should come
close, and if the color is the only negative, I will take that.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624
Soon to be Duramax owner - my first diesel ever