[A/S] Re: hello I'm new with a question

Hi Lisa-
I just purchased a '79@ 31', and towed it back from Indiana with my
F250 powerstroke diesel. I suspect my trailer is quite a bit heavier
than your prospective one. The truck pulled wonderfully. I get 22 MPG
w/o towing OTR, and about 19 MPG towing over the road. You can't beat a
diesel for durability and power. However, if you're not going to do a
lot of driving, they are more expensive to maintain. An oil change is
over $50, unless you do it yourself (it's 14 quarts..) and should be
done every 3,000 miles in  diesel. Parts, while very durable, are very
expensive. I replaced an alternator this summer: the part was over $350.
I figure the break even point is at 200,000 miles. If you keep the
truck long enough to put on that kink of mileage, you'll be ahead. I
drive a lot for work (40K this year) and pull a trailer, so for me it
makes sense. A full timer, or active enthusiast, might experience
similar results.
Lastly, be sure to invest in a good load lifting, anti-sway hitch.
Makes all the difference.
Regards, Chris