[A/S] Laundry

Many years ago while on a caravan to Mexico City we were taught how to do
laundry.  I have a  plastic garbage can with a locking lid. Probably hold
8 gal. or so. I put clothes, detergent, bleach if needed, fill about 2/3
full with water, warm is best but not necessary. Place this container on
the floor of the shower and travel for the day.  By evening you will have
wonderful clean clothes.  You don't need a lot of water, just enough to
make them slosh. Rinsing will require more water but by night you have
probably found water.

I have done this for many years both in my 29 foot and in my current ' 61
Bambi.

A dishwasher works similar. Place a piece of Rubber no slide matting in the
sink. Place dishes in a Dutch Oven with hot water and detergent, in the
sink. Place lid on Dutch oven and go travel.  Rinse on arrival and they are
ready to use again.

I get the greatest joy out of my trailer figuring out all these ways to
beat the system.  Of course you can't wash sheets and large towels very
well that way but it sure eliminates a lot of laundry.  Even jeans wash
well that way just one or two pair at a time. The used wash water is great
to flush the holding tank. In Mexico we used our coffee pot to boil the
silverware then put the water  in a bowl in the bathroom sink to wash our
hands.  It can be used more than once and then use it to flush the toilet.
Mighty profitable when you get water 5 gal. at a time and not sure when you
will get more.

If you have all the comforts of home in you trailer, why leave home?

Hope I don't bore all of you with my fun things.  Been doing this kind of
travel for  twenty seven years.  Now  80 years old and still going strong.
What a life!

Kathy #17792