Re: [A/S] Re: Wally Byam's Trailer

> >Try as we may, Don wouldn't let us over there.

Don wouldn't let me go over there either.   I then walked the dogs and asked
at the guard desk... nope again. Then I asked at the reception desk and the
girl made a call and said "nope" no one is allowed there. She suggested I call
the director of marketing and brand development, Tim Champ.  I was going to
call him but Cindy and Carl and I had made plans to go to Paul Sherry's to look
at trailers....

All the trailers at the factory and you can't look.....

When I was at Sherry's the salesman, Barry Burdette (Really nice guy...not
slick or pushy.I'd buy from him!) offered to make the call for me, after I
whined to him about not being able to get to Wally's trailer.  So, he called Tim
and got me a meeting with him.... I feel I could have gotten the meeting too
because Tim has some concerns with all the people using the Airstream name for
profit on the internet.

I met with Tim in his office, a little hesitant after an unfortunate meeting
a few years ago with Pate after I mentioned owning the Airstream List on the
internet......

Tim was very nice, and quickly asked for the URL for the list trying to get a
handle on what it was about.  He read the homepage and realized it's not a
commercial enterprise, I'm not profiting from the Airstream name and no one on
the list is either.... after that it was smooth sailing.

We went over to the museum trailers and he let me snoop around to my heart's
delight. I took lots of pictures, left my nose prints on lots of windows and
pointed out a door left open which could have been a disaster if it rained or
someone got in there.

Then Tim came back to my trailer to see all the remodeling I've done. All and
all we spent over an hour together and I liked him alot.  He is very sharp
and has some innovative ideas.

Airstream will come out of the dark ages, the CCD is just the first step.

I envy Tim, he's a lucky guy to be working for Airstream.  I always liked
working for companies that I was proud to be a part of and I think he'll have an
impact on the company's future.

You all know how much I love my trailer, and I was very impressed seeing how
they are hand made.  I'm also impressed that the company isn't stuck in a rut
and is willing to hire young blood and change with the times instead of
sticking with what's safe.

I love pulling in campgrounds, I feel a sense of pride that I have this
beautiful workj of art behind me... not an *ordinary* trailer.

So, that's the tale of how I got over to Wally's trailer...... I had to play
the list owner card <g>

I'm glad I did too..... now I have a friend on the *inside* <evil grin>

Hunter