[A/S] Re: I'm an Airstream Wannabe--Newbie Questions

Darin:
Contact,    http://pages.prodigy.net/wam52/airstream1.html  they live
in New Hampshire and restore old Airstreams as a side line business.

The value of used Airstream is so dependent on condition and "does
every thing work".  There are a lot of things to "not work"
Appliances for an RV are almost double the cost of home appliances.
1) Has the fresh water system been froze  and ruptured ?
2) Does the fridge work on Gas and Electric ?
3) Does the stove and oven both work ?  Our Gas oven bakes as good as
any household range and it is 45 years old.
4)  How about the hot water heater ?
5) Before 1973 Airsteams did not have grey water tanks?
6) You will likey want AC if you are going to be living in it for a
year ?   If you don't know about the  Fantastic Fan  it could be
considered a poor man's AC.   If the evenings are cool they allow you
to at least sleep in relative comfort.
7) You may want solar panels as they allow you to boon dock without
power.

I would say for a Vintage Trailer in good condition you should expect
to pay up to at least $10,000.   Don't expect to buy an Airstream for
$ 2,000 and spend a year in it unless you are prepared to spend the
next six months working on it.

Lauren WBCCI # 7532   VAC   1959 Tradewind(24')International